Should contest rules allow and act upon 599K QRM reports?

Sunday 1 December 2013

SUCCI-R Rig control, CW and PTT

Bought one of these as my Microham cw keyer is a bit bulky and expensive for portable operation. I planned to use my K2 from the car for CQWW CW 2013 using the call MM3T. I have in the past experienced QRM from using USB to serial cables. The SUCCI-R uses a noise filter on the serial link and opto-isolators on the CW and PTT lines to keep noise to a minimum. Cables are simple to make up (same as cw keyer). My location was picked for it's proximity to the sea and height above it. Being very remote I had no QRM so could give the SUCCI-R a good hammering in the contest. After 10 hours of contesting with 400w and a vertical antenna right next to the car, I realised that the SUCCI-R had just worked with no noise, lock ups, corrupted keying or odd buffering that I have experienced with other interfaces. Just brilliant and I can highly recommend it. It's very well put together and required no extra driver Polava when connected to a windows 7 laptop. Work seamlessly with Wintest contest logging software. http://www.kotarov.com/projects/succi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just received one myself. 5/20/2014 and hope to make it play with my KX3 and N1MM. If there is anyone who's already done it I'm appreciate some steerage. The idea of using a KX3 single cable USB to three wire serial direct connection seems problematic. Breaking out the keying and ptt makes sense. help in the N1MM configuration area would be helpful. Thanks, John W1QS e-mail: W1QS@arrl.net